STAS windsor wooden rail set
In addition to aluminum rails, STAS also offers wooden rails in 2 different models. Two distinctive models, suitable for any interior! Both models are easy to use and each has a different profile for which fitting hooks are available. The STAS windsor is elegant and warm.
Our wooden rails are made out of Ayous wood and are FSC and PEFC certificated. Ayous wood differs from other wood since it does not deform nor splinter, and perfectly suitable to repaint because of its smooth texture. Perfect wood for your picture hanging system! Can be mounted screwed, nailed and glued*.
Experience the pleasant warmth of wood in your interior!
* The bearing capacity of a glued rails is highly dependent on the surface, so care must be taken here. More information on how to best glue our wooden rails can be found at the bottom of this page.
Top benefits of the STAS windsor:
- The STAS windsor is a wooden picture rail with a classic look
- Paintable in a colour to your taste because of its smooth texture and easy to cut to size with a hacksaw
- The STAS riva supports multiple cords and multiple hooks per cord up to 20 kg/m¹ of picture rail
- STAS perlon or steel cords with a loop can be hung from a moulding hook at any point of the rail
- FSC and PEFC certified: timber from sustainably managed forests
- Won’t warp or splinter because of temperature and humidity changes
Features STAS windsor:
Dimensions: 18 x 45 mm
Length: +/- 120 cm (47 inch)
Material: Ayous wood
Installation: wall mountable, not adjoining to ceiling
Weight capacity: 20 kg/m
Warranty: 5 years
STAS windsor has its own collection of hooks, which can be combined with the existing hooks and cords from STAS:
The following hooks and cords can be used in combination with this system:
STAS smartspring on STAS perlon cord with loop (can be loaded up to max. 4 kg)
STAS zipper on STAS perlon cord with loop (can be loaded up to max. 15 kg)
STAS zipper on STAS steel cable with loop (can be loaded up to max. 20 kg)
5-Step Plan for glueing the STAS windsor
Step 1: Assess the surface
When glueing the STAS wooden rails it’s very important that the surface is well fixed and firm. This goes especially for wall paper. The wall paper must have been applied tightly and evenly to allow the STAS wooden rails to adhere as well as possible.
Step 2: Pick the right glue.
We recommend a glue that is especially designed to offer a very good adhesion on wooden surfaces. We advise you to go see your local DIY store for further recommendations.
Step 3: Pretreatment
Make sure that the surface and the STAS wooden rails are clean, dry, dust- and grease free before you start glueing.
Step 4: Glueing
The glue can best be applied in strokes (so don’t cover the whole rails in glue). Once the glue is applied you can place the STAS wooden rails on its surface (make sure it’s level!). The STAS wooden rails can at this point still be adjusted. When the rails are in the right place you can exert pressure so that the STAS wooden rails is well attached to the surface. Then allow the glue to dry for 24 hours.
Step 5: Hang your wall decoration
Hang your favorite wall decoration using the STAS hooks and cords and admire the result! J