So, you want to hang one or more small picture frames or canvasses, but haven’t decided which method is right for your situation and budget? Let us help! We offer multiple options to hang your items.
Tips & tricks:
- For optimal flexibility and the sleekest look, we recommend installing rail across the full length of your walls. The rail can be easily cut to size.
- Several cord/hook combinations can be made per rail type. To decide how many and which cables and hooks you need for your items, you have to take into account the size and weight of each item. You can increase the weight capacity by using two cables an hooks until you reach the weight capacity per inch of the rail of your choice.
- The perlon cord is transparent and therefore hardly visible. The steel cable (also available in black and white) is suitable for hanging heavier decorations and has a more industrial look.
- Use two cables and hooks, a utility hook or spacers to prevent a small frame from tilting to one side.
- The length of the cables you need depends on the height of the room and how high you want the items to hang. Measure the height of your ceiling and decide what cable length you need.
- For other frequently asked questions:
Choose your hardware, in case your frame has no wire or other hanger yet:
STAS d-ring hanger
STAS d-ring hanger 0,79 inch nickel, this d-ring hanger can be screwed to the back of a frame to hang it from the hook. Price per piece.
STAS sawtooth hanger
STAS sawtooth hangers are a good suspension system for frames and canvasses, because of the zig-zag pattern, the object stays suspended as it is and doesn't slip from the hook sideways.. Price per piece.
STAS self-adhesive hangers
Self-adhesive plates for hanging art on acrylic or Dibond and similar flat panels and mirrors. Includes wall hook, mounting plug and screw. For secure, heavy duty picture hanging. Price per piece.
Expert tip for small frames; use spacers or a utility hook to prevent the frame from tilting or shifting to one side:
STAS spacers (per 4)
Ideal for hanging your frames at perfect distance from the wall. Adhesive, easy to apply to the back of your list. Made of soft material, preventing from damage to your wall.
STAS utility hook
The STAS utility hook is a wide hook that fans out its point of grip over 0.66 inches. That’s why it’s an ideal hook to prevent tilting or shifting of objects. It works perfectly in combination with our quilt hangers, and also with sawtooth hangers or horizontal slots at the back of objects. For loads up to 9 lbs (4 kg) when used in combination with perlon (monofilament) cord.
Choose your hooks & cords, accessories compatible with picture rails: